First on Miya's list was pancakes, which is her favourite breakfast treat...
cooking in pyjamas is the best!
light and fluffy, these are definitely our new favourite recipe!
150g self raising flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 large egg, beaten
3 tbsp thick natural yoghurt (or creme fraiche)
2 tbsp unsalted butter (or spread)
berries - we used fresh blueberries, but you could use defrosted frozen berries, fresh peaches or tinned fruit
maple or golden syrup
1. First, mix the flour and sugar in a large bowl
2. Mix the egg and milk together and add to the flour mixture
3. Add the yoghurt and stir until smooth
4. Melt a small amount of butter in a large pan, on a medium heat
5. Add circles of batter to the pan, we made ours about 10cm wide, which gave us 12 pancakes all together
6. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until the pancakes are golden bown
7. Add a spoonful of yoghurt on top, a handful of berries and a good drizzle of syrup and... share with your loved ones :)
So yummy, we're now relaxing on the sofa watching Sharpay with full tummies and happy faces... I can't wait to try more recipes from the book! If you'd like to join in with the fun, get your copy here for the bagain price of £2.99!